Monday, May 12, 2008

SMS

The owner of the two nature photographs I used (with permission) in the previous post recently changed his portrait on his blog.

As before, he covered part of his face, but whereas in the previous portrait, only one of his eyes was visible, for the new portrait, he only covered his face below the eyes. I think those eyes are smiling, but I'm not sure.

To pull his leg, I SMSed him, "... your new headshot in your blog is a bit scary."

He replied, "... what do you mean my picture in blog is scary =.="

I said, "Like, sexual pervert?" :-p

***

I don't have his picture to show you what he actually looks like, apart from those eyes (and that prominent forehead), but a long time ago, when we were colleagues in a college (not where he is teaching now), I drew a caricature of him using MS Paintbrush (only possible if you have one of those old roller-ball mouses with very, very heavy roller ball). Although I lost that file after I left that college, I have - just now, after hitting a snag in a translation job I was doing - reproduced that caricature in pencil (maybe not exactly the same; at least the sword and T-shirt are different), as shown below:
Maybe sending him this as a "peace offering" will make him forget that I pulled his leg, and give up coming after me with a katana. ;-p

2 comments:

SMS said...

Can you change the sword to the Tao or the Gunblade :P

Dumbo said...

Err... Gunblade I know... I don't think I have seen "Tao"...

??? Help?