Saturday, May 10, 2008

Words and Images

A friend posted in his blog a couple of pictures taken in his hometown, as shown below.



At first glance, what springs into your mind? :-)

***

For the first picture, the following verses came to my mind (slightly modified compared to what you would see in the comment of the said post in my friend's blog):

I had a sweet, peaceful dream
of blue sky reflected in quiet stream
broken free from the cold glass panes
of skyscrapers crowding city lanes

It flew over the vast green land
stretching its pale blue expanse
and I could hear it sing--
a song carried on warm breeze's wings

I entitled it "Sky". Having seen too many reflections of blue sky on the glass panes of cold, lifeless skyscrapers, it was a delight to see the blue sky reflected on something more natural: in this case, a small canal (OK, it's kind of man-made, too; but at least it blends in well with nature, and it can become a part of nature again). Therefore, the blue sky became in my mind a living thing, once caged, now free.

***

The second picture evoked in me a haiku, which I named "Country Lane":

Lead me where you will
lead me to your land of dreams
a home - a smile - peace--

But for this, try not to over-analyze my sentiment behind it, OK? ;-)

No comments: