Thursday, July 2, 2009

Dumbo in the Kitchen - #11: the Improvisatorial Spaghetti

I thought I couldn't possible go lower than "minimalist spaghetti", but I proved myself wrong there with this "improvisatorial spaghetti"...

***

It was 8pm, the "Wonder Auntie" had closed shop, we were too lazy to go to town (a 20-minute drive away) for dinner, and there was no fresh ingredient at all (not even a single stalk of bok choy) in the house. But nothing is a problem for a good improvisator.

From the "rainy-day rations" box, I fished out a can of sardine in tomato sauce, some spaghetti, and a pack of Campbell's mushroom soup powder, then I grabbed my two bottles of trusty McCormick's (one was the "Italian Herbs", the other "Basil"), and I was all set for making my "improvisatorial spaghetti".

Well, actually, it is so "improvisatorial", there is really nothing much to write about it. All you have to do is open the can of sardine, pour it into the pan, add half a can of water, add some herbs, then finally, pour in the mushroom soup powder to thicken the gravy. Oh, of course, you have to cook the spaghetti first. Then just pour the sardine thingy onto the cooked spaghetti, and it's chow down time. :-)


It tasted a bit "fishy". After all, it was canned sardine... but, it was not too bad for two lazy people who wouldn't take a 20-minute drive to the nearest restaurant. :-D

No comments: