Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Dumbo in the Kitchen - #17: Vegetable Stew with Toast

I can't remember precisely, but I think what you see stewing in the following picture are chunks of chicken breast, carrots, white radish, shiitake mushrooms and - floating and bloating there on top - two slices of bread (the end slices) to thicken the stew.


The vegetables that went in include: Broccoli, red peppers, yellow peppers, and tomatoes. Well, strictly speaking, the last three are actually fruits...


When the stew is almost done (with the two slices of bread fully dissolved)...


... pop in the vegetables and cook for a short while (not too long lest the vegetables are overcooked).


Make heart-shaped patterns on slices of bread with beaten egg (actually, egg yolk alone would do; but I hate wasting the white) and toast them.


Serve with vegetable garnishes and the heart-imprinted toasts...


A wholesome meal (for lunch that day) to tell my wife how much I love her. :-) It was not any special day that day... just decided to be romantic since I happened to be free that morning.

No comments: