Monday, August 4, 2008

Dumbo: Gourmet Extraordinaire - #10: A Satisfying "Tub" of Yong Tau Foo

Last month, in a post, I lamented my mistake of eating at a bull* place. I had commented that I should have eaten a satisfying bowl of Yong Tau Foo (酿豆腐) at Golden Lake Hawkers Center (金湖饮食中心) in Relau instead.

***

Since then, I had eaten the Yong Tau Foo there twice, and on both occasions, I was made a very happy glutton indeed. :-)

What I like about this particular stall of Yong Tau Foo is the variety of "piggy stuffs" it provides: pig stomach (猪肚), pork belly (五花肉) and intestines (big and small). And I like the choice of available vegetables, too. I usually end up with more of the "piggy stuffs" and vegetables than what can be really considered "yong tau foo" (tofu, chilies, lady fingers, bitter gourds etc. stuffed with fish balls or minced meat).

And the soup base is nice. Not MSG-ish at all. I can usually drink up all the soup.


And for a huge "tub" of it enough to feed four persons (but, of course, I am capable of eating for 3), I was usually charged less then RM 15. The last time I was there, I spent only RM 11, for no less than what you see here.

No comments: