Friday, October 10, 2008

Dumbo in the Kitchen - #4: Anytime Pasta

My wife is not big on eating her three daily meals on-time. On the contrary, I must have my regular meals at my regular time. When I do cook, I sometimes have to FORCE her to come to the table (on certain particularly exhausting days for her, she would come home from school and aim her head straight for the pillow; I would then drag her up for lunch).

The other day, knowing that she had a lot of things to do, I decided not to impose my meal time on her, so I prepared something that I call "Anytime Pasta".

***

I bought a piece of chicken breast, two types of mushrooms, and lots of tomatoes to cook up a pot of... uh... what do you call this? Some soupy thingy (can't really call it sauce... it's consistency is more like chicken soup).

By the way, the chicken breast is shredded after it is cooked.

It is cooked and kept in a thermal pot to keep it warm the whole day through.


Cook a huge bowl of fusilli (a type of spiral pasta). Add in some oil (preferably olive oil) to make sure they don't stick (after all, they have to sit there a good part of the day).


Whenever you are hungry, just take a small bowl, fill it half full with the cooked fusilli, then add it the hot tomato-y mushroom-y soupy thingy.


Eat it at any time you feel hungry. Hence the name "Anytime Pasta". :-)

No comments: