Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Dumbo's Motivational Wallpapers: Part 3


Today, while traveling along Greenlane, I noticed the official residences of the High Court Justice and the Southwest District D.O.; the compounds of both mansions were spick-and-span.

Then, just another one or two kilometers down the road, I came along the Penang Home for the Infirm and Aged. The grass in the field has overgrown.

And I became very sad.

I don't know much about government business, but I believe the maintenance costs of the compounds of the former two mansions must be coming from government coffer (they are, after all, "official residences" of high-ranking government officials).

But I'm sure the High Court Justice and the D.O. can well afford their own gardeners. So why doesn't the government pay for the basic upkeeps of such welfare places as the Penang Home, and let the high-ranking government officials pay for the maintenance of their own homes? After all, who is the poor and needy in this case?

1 comment:

SMS said...

Nobody important lives in the old folks home >.<