Monday, June 2, 2008

Dumbo: Still On His Way Back With A Vengeance...

I was so raring to come back to blogging.

But, Streamyx down.


Maybe it's my modem. Maybe it's the port (according to the TM people; whatever it is...). I don't know. But the fact remains that at times, it takes up to 30 minutes (30 MINUTES!) just to get into Gmail. Just GMAIL! I wasn't even trying to download huge files!

Anyway, I wasn't at home most of the time last week, so I didn't call up the maintenance people. Then I called them up last Friday. They promised to look into it within the next two working days. It sounded fine with me (after all, it's much better than the Celcom people who wouldn't even bother to log a report when we had a transceiver problem in our area some time ago, but kept saying it must have been our phones having problem. We were vindicated in the end).

On the next day - I say this to the credit of the TM people - which is a Saturday, we were to go to the airport to pick up a friend. On our way out of our remote little fishing village, a Kancil with the TM logo sped by us, going in the direction of our village. I said to myself, "Uh oh."

Sure enough, when we came back, there was this job sheet stuck to our door informing us that the TM maintenance people had come around but didn't find anyone home. I was to call them on Monday and make another appointment.

I must say I was impressed with their efficiency. However, I still have one complaint: why o why haven't these TELECOMMUNICATION people learned to call ahead to make sure we are home? =.=

No comments: