Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Prophet Isaiah is a Penangite?

Sunday school teacher: If Samuel is an Ephraimite, what is Isaiah?

James: I know! I know!

Sunday school teacher: Yes, James?

James: He is a Penangite!

Sunday school teacher: What? James, we are talking about the prophet Isaiah, not one of your friends who also has the name Isaiah.

James: Yes, I was talking about the prophet Isaiah, and I am sure he is a Penangite!

Sunday school teacher: What are you talking about?

James: Isaiah cried out, "I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips," (Isaiah 6:5) so, I'm sure he lives in Lip Sin Garden, Sg. Dua, Penang!

Sunday school teacher: .........

***

My apologies to those living in Lip Sin Garden (立信花园)... :-) Every time I pass by the place, I couldn't help but think of this joke... :-p

I wonder if the person who named the housing area realized at that time the meaning of "lip sin" in English... :-D

No comments: