Friday, March 7, 2008

A fish and its water

A friend visited my blog and asked, "why do you write about boring stuffs? Do something controversial!" His idea of a fun afternoon is a killing spree in downtown Miami. Blood-spurting corpses of bikini-clad blond babes. That kind of things.

Well, I can only say that, boredom to me, is like water to fish.

That's when my mind starts wandering around and boldly goes where it dares not go when I'm perfectly in my right mind. ;-p

(To my friend) Look, I'm a boring guy who enjoys boring stuffs! What can I do about that? That's me! The thing is, I'm that kind of guy who even finds certain rubbish interesting enough as the subject of a sketch, like the one here:
I named the pencil sketch "Contemplation". If you have my "frequency" of imagination, you would start seeing why I called it that. (Hint: hand on chin, another across the table resting near the elbow of the first. No? Never mind...)

The "rubbish" in question was the "aftermath" of my lunch. I was then studying in U, so lunch means economic rice that comes wrapped in oil paper. That unidentified object besides the fork and spoon is the oil paper rolled up and tied with rubber band.

And if you are wondering, university students generally don't spend their afternoons in library doing homework or studying. They sketch the residue of their lunch or go on a killing spree in the cyberspace. Yep. The country's future is screwed. (I hope this comment is controversial enough for my friend. :0) )

2 comments:

SMS said...

Yes, the future is screwed, but it isn't the youngster that screw it. its the so called adult that screw it. Like saying "I am doing this for the good of society" but then building million dollar mansion or asking people to close one eye to his wrongdoing. The youngster have great role model nowadays T.T

Dumbo, the Sojourning Elephant said...

So, we should say:

The future is already screwed up by the older generation, and the younger generation is incapable of unscrewing it.

:-(

To quote Calvin's father, "I wonder if anyone is as afraid of the future as I am."