Monday, March 17, 2008

Imagination

It was in 2000 or 2001. My wife was teaching Chinese language at a secondary school, and one day, she told me she was looking for some out-of-the-ordinary class activities for her students.

So I took some papers, my trusty Lamy fountain pen (it's broken now, and boy, do I miss it), and came up with the following sketches.

"Have the students write some short essays based on these sketches. Tell them to let their imagination run wild." I told my wife.

***
"Misalignment"

***"Reaching Out"

***"Mr & Mrs. Seagull"

***

When I made these sketches, I did not have any specific story in mind. I just let my mind run off in whichever direction it would, and grabbed hold of whatever ideas that seemed interesting.

After that, in 2002, I wrote a story for the third picture (Mr. & Mrs. Seagull) that I published in my website. I had intended to write for the other two pictures as well, but I gave up working on the website before I could do that.

***

I have recently written a story for the second picture, "reaching out", and I intend to post it here on a later date. For the time being, just try to let your imagination run wild and come up with your own stories for the pictures. :-)

No comments: