Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My Other Alter Ego

His name is Dumbo.
Well, of course; because it's another representation of me. (By this time you should realize that I'm kind of camera-shy.)

I created this character a few years back when I tried to set up my own website. There are a total of 18 drawings of this character. I kept the website updated for less than 2 months, I think, and I got tired of constantly updating the pages. It is actually still there (dumbostudio.tripod.com; it's in Chinese, though), after all these years.

If you have read my previous post (the one below, about the flying elephant), I'm sure you have already guessed that this fellow here doesn't really look like me. For one thing, he's got to be at least 50kg lighter than me. And I'm much taller. The only resemblance is in the short-cropped hair and bushy eyebrows. And I do favor wearing the color brown (various shades of it, including certain shades of yellow and orange). However, being a plus-plus-plus-sized bloke, I can't always get my favorite color, because size has to be the foremost factor for consideration.

It is worth mentioning that when I started outlining the website some time in 2001, my main idea was to have a page on which I would add on journal-like entries of my musings on various topics (see "Dumbo Journal"), with the most recent updates on top. "Wait a minute; isn't that just like a blog?" Yep, in retrospect, that is exactly like a blog. Except, at that moment, the idea of blogging was only starting to catch on in my country (and not yet among my friends), and I have not heard of it yet when I started the website. If I had, at that time, created a blog instead of a website, maybe I would not have given up after just 2 months. :-)

Anyway, what's past is past. Let's hope little Dumbo here keeps going for longer than his previous run.

No comments: