Saturday, September 12, 2009

Dumbo up the Hills - #4: Solo Hike Up the AI Dam

For my fourth session of training, my uncle was busy with something and could not go hiking that day, so I went up the Ayer Itam Dam - again - solo. Nothing remarkable happened during that hike, I'm just putting up this post for the sake of a few photos I took along the way. :-)

***

I made an effort to start early that day, so I could catch the following photo while it was just getting light. The point where I was standing is only about 300 meters (distance, not altitude) from the starting point of the hill path, and is the steepest stretch of the path.


The following photo shows the derelict playground beside the dam. It is no longer safe for children, but the adults have found creative uses for it, particularly as a makeshift "gym". I usually use one of the low horizontal bars to do push-ups.


On the way down using the main tarred road, there is - was - a beautiful field beside the road, in which I used to see children bringing kites to fly. It would later be turned into another team-building site, which I think is a shame, because it is now off-limits to the public. :-(


That junction on the left would lead down to the field in the previous picture.


The sky was not fully light yet, and I thought the nearly barren branches of a certain tree made a very interesting picture against the not-fully-light blue sky. This would later inspire a poem, which I will share in the next post.


I tried to take another photo of trees with blue-sky backdrop, but it was not as interesting as the previous one...


I enjoy the following stretch of the road very much. There are lush, beautiful trees to the right, and to the left, you can have a beautiful view of the dam at the highest point of the rise in that stretch of road.



The following picture is the view looking back at the highest point of the above-mentioned stretch of road.

No comments: